Custom domains are a great way to build your brand's identity that also helps enhance user experience. This new feature enables you to personalize your community marketplace by connecting your custom domain, changing its URL from the default [xxx].wlbl.xyz. format to a custom one.
- Domain = web address or URL that people use to visit your community marketplace.
- A record = the primary DNS record used to connect your domain to an IP address that directs visitors to your website.
- IP address = a unique string of numbers that specifies the location of a device on the internet. Each device connected to the internet will be identified by its IP address, which allows it to communicate with other devices over the internet.
- Built-in domain = by default this domain is setup when you create your community marketplace, it follows the following format: [xxx].wlbl.xyz. You can customize it when creating your marketplace. You can always access your site using this domain address.
- Custom domain = a domain you own from a provider, such as Google Domains, GoDaddy or 1&1 IONOS.
Connecting an existing domain to your community marketplace
Step #1. Head over to ‘Settings’ tab of your community marketplace. Then click ‘Domains’.
Step #2. Click on the “Connect existing domain” button.
Step 3. Enter your custom domain and click “Add”.
Your custom domain will now be in “Pending” status. You will need to establish the connection from your domain provider, for the domain to start displaying.
Step 4. Head over to your third-party domain provider such as GoDaddy, DreamHost, Google Domains, etc.
Step 5. Find the domain management or DNS settings area.
Step 6. Point the A record to the Rarible’s IP address (188.8.131.52)
Step 7. Save your changes.
Done! Please keep in mind that it will take between 24-72 hours for your new marketplace domain to become active. You can check the status of your domain connection via the “Verify Connection” button on the domain page of your marketplace settings.
Specific Instructions by Domain Provider
If you have a domain with one of these providers, click the link for specific instructions on how to find the A record.
As a reminder: you will need to point the A record to the Rarible’s IP address (184.108.40.206)
Deleting a domain
Step 1: Tap on the 🗑️ icon beside your existing domain
Step 2: Tap on "Yes, delete"